Welcome to the Ray County, Missouri website
Ray County was organized in 1820 and on January 1, 1821, when Missouri became a state, it was one of the original 14 counties and at that time included the entire northwest corner of the state. It was named after the Honorable John Ray, a state legislator. Richmond became the permanent county seat on September 24, 1827.
Current population is 23,494 according to the 2010 census.
SPECIAL ELECTION FOR LAWSON: AUGUST 8, 2017
City of Lawson Sample Ballot